0540 Deck Game Bird & Poultry Battery Brooder by GQF
Clarity with Large Scale Brooding Projects
Clear panes allow for the display of all chick types allowing easy viewing for observation of conditions at a glance with a large number of chicks in a limited floor space. Lightweight materials allow for lower shipping costs as well as easy handling, assembly, and storage. A sturdy base with rugged casters and securely fastened brooders results in a solid stack which is movable when fill of birds. Brooders are easily accessible with drop pans and removable floors for cleaning.
GQF Brooders are designed to eliminate stress in young birds by providing plenty of heat, fresh air, light, feed and water space, and sanitary conditions for a confined area. Three clear plastic panels allow full and easy viewing of the brooder’s interior. Each brooder comes with three 28.5' troughs which maybe used for either feed or water. Ample feed and water space is necessary to allow weaker chicks access in the presence of more dominant chicks. Any trough may be equipped with optional automatic watering to provide the large quantity of water necessary. Failure to provide proper feed and water space can result in slower weight gain and perhaps higher chick mortality. The troughs are mounted on the outside of the brooder so that the chicks do not mix droppings into the food or water.
The 300-watt heater provides sufficient heat while the vented plastic side panels keep out drafts. As chicks are drawn to light rather than heat, each heater has a socket for a low wattage attraction light bulb, which helps to hold the chicks in the heated area. This battery comes with a thermometer and a wafer thermostat, which is accurate to 1 degree. The floor is a thin wire ½” mesh which will allow droppings to easily pass through. For small chicks like quail this floor requires that a layer of No 1628 DACB paper or paper towels be laid down on the wire for the first 4 to 7 days after which quail may stand on the ½” wire floor. Day old poultry and ducks can be placed directly on the wire. Drop pans are made of lightweight aluminum for long life. Drop pans can be easily pulled out even when brooders are stacked and the wire floor is heavy with birds. This brooder is universal as each side panel comes with an adjustable gate to regulate openings for chick size. All three side panels and back door are easily removed for cleaning. Lids are provided for all the brooders in the battery.
- Attraction lights to draw chicks into warmer areas
- Exterior access for water and food reducing contamination
- Ideally used with the brooder water system
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Allows for great visibility throughout
- 500 Quail eggs up to 4 weeks
- 500 Poultry chicks up to 2 weeks
- 5 brooder boxes
- 5 brooder lids
- 6-plug electrical outlet with a 4 foot cord
- 10 attraction light bulbs
- Overall Dimensions: 32” Wide, 38” Front to Back, and 65” high. 110 Volt, combined wattage 1500W
|UPC||Does Not Apply|
- wonderful! Review by Brenda
- Plenty of room for my chicks! I love all of the water and food troughs- gives everyone enough room to get a bite. I do wish that it had a little more visibility on the lower shelves- it is hard to see with everything stacked up. However, it is a great brooder setup, and very inexpensive for what all it includes. Great bargain! (Posted on 8/25/2015)
- Just What I Needed! Review by Tina C.
- I love this thing! So easy to use, and it houses more than enough chicks for me to provide appropriate space for all of my hatchlings. I live in the north, so brooding is a long process that requires appropriate heat, and this does the trick! Great buy, I love it! (Posted on 7/21/2015)