Octagon 20 Eco Incubator by Brinsea
The Octagon 20 Incubator provides high-quality engineering with a low-ticket cost by replacing digital controls with simple to use manual controls. Incubator comes preset and ready to incubate chickens making it more accessible to hobbyists as well as new breeders.
A 24-egg capacity allows for plenty of room to get a new breeding project off to a great start. Listing does not include an auto-turn cradle but the unique octagon design makes manual turning much easier than most devices. Flat surfaces on the bottom provide for a single full rotation versus manually adjusting each egg by hand.
This is a simple but high quality egg incubator with the same tough insulated cabinet as the Octagon 20 Advance. A set proven electronic temperature control gives reliable hatching results to a wide range of species with minimum fuss.
- Entirely injection molded from high-grade ABS
- Durable and easy to clean
- Double-skinned base that is foam filled to reduce heat loss
- Provides lower electricity consumption and better temperature distribution
- Clear top allowing for good visibility of eggs and chicks throughout process
- Long-life computer grade fan
- Extremely even air temperature throughout chamber
- Fresh air controls through ventilation sliders
- Humidity controls through double reservoir in base
- Removable egg tray with dividers for maximum potential
- Automatic rotation hourly
The Octagon 20 Eco controls temperature with high accuracy with a proven proportional band electronic controller with easy tamper-proof adjustment. A flashing indicator shows that the incubation temperature is controlling steadily and temperature is monitored with a conventional but accurate liquid in glass thermometer.
The high quality incubator cabinet is entirely injection moulded from high grade ABS which makes it tough and easy to clean. The base is double skinned and foam filled to reduce heat loss leading to lower electricity consumption and better temperature distribution. The top of the incubator is clear allowing good visibility of the eggs and chicks.
Humidity and ventilation.
Air is circulated by a long life computer grade fan which, coupled with the unique grill with optimised air diffuser leads to extremely even air temperature throughout the egg chamber. Fresh air is controlled with a vent slider and humidity is provided by water in two reservoirs in the base.
To accommodate eggs of different sizes the Octagon 20 Eco's removable egg tray is supplied with dividers which the user can position to suit their eggs and so maximise the number of eggs that can be held. Eggs from as small as finches to as large as geese can be incubated and a guide to the numbers of a range of popular species which will fit is give in the specification table. Eggs are turned during incubation as the whole incubator is rocked from side to side – hence the Octagonal cabinet ends. This can be done manually at least twice each day or this turning is performed automatically if the incubator is supplied with the optional Autoturn Cradle (part number AD20A) which turns the eggs hourly.
20 only 35 x 26 x 26cms
(13 3/4" x 10 ¼" x 10 ¼")
20 with cradle 43 x 26 x 30cms
(17" x 10 ¼" x 12")
Electrical supply 220/240v, 50 Hz or
115v, 60Hz as ordered
|UPC||Does Not Apply|
|Chicken Egg Capacity||24|
|Goose Egg Capacity||9-12|
|Quail Egg Capacity||60|
- Excellent as a Hatcher Review by Jannette Day
- I use this incubator as a hatcher only. So far, I have gotten the best results with this than I have any other hatcher I have ever used! I love this product, planning on buying another one as soon as I need one, hopefully next spring! Great product! (Posted on 8/10/2015)
- great hatch rates! Review by Yvonne
- This incubator was so easy to use- I just plugged it in, put my eggs in, and rocked it around 3-4 times a day (occasionally adding water, but not very often). I ended up with all of my eggs hatching! Very pleased with this incubator! (Posted on 7/22/2015)